This was a relatively easy process and even a beginner like me managed to complete it without much difficulty. There are a few things that you will need, these are basic things that most people have in their home.
****Hint- make sure you have your compost bin ready if you are not making pesto.***
What you will need :
- Access to water
- Ice Cubes
- Colander- this makes it easier to fish out the iced carrots
- Knife ( no affiliate link the knife I used sorry it was my own and I don’t know where I got it 🙂 )
- Peel and prepare the carrots- i just chopped of the leafy green bits and gave a light scrape to the carrot.(there were some that needed to be chopped a bit more as we left our poor carrots in the ground too long-don’t make the same mistake as us. )
- Carrots need to be boiled, this is usually for approx 4 mins, bring the water to the boil and then add your carrots to the boiling water for the four minutes- the reason for this is to kill enzymes that cause the carrots to go bad.
- Then in a basin have your ice cubes and water ready to reduce the temperature of the carrots- this is to stop the cooking process.
- Freezer storage then so you can keep you stock of vegetables on hand for winter months dinners.